GCI is an organisation with an interest in promoting and strengthening grassroots resilience, indigenous knowledge and civil society pro-action towards neglected issues; particularly disaster prevention, preparedness, response, recovery, land management and long term scenario planning. GCI will, without undue pressure, collaborate with and support partnerships with other organisations in a symbolic manner while respecting the rights of partner organisations, to pursue their own fundraising and programme initiatives.
GCI has as its vision a proactive and sustainable Africa with long term reflection on neglected issues.
Our Core Values
- Sustainable development
- Sustainable use and management of land and water resources.
- Democracy and accountability
- Economic growth
- Long-term scenario planning
- Inclusion of grass root in decision making
- Capacity building
- Transparency and community involvement
- Human rights and Gender equality